At the Office of Alumni Relations, we love celebrating and honoring the people that make GCU such a great place! We induct new members into the prestigious Alumni Hall of Fame each year at our homecoming celebration and offer a Senior Dinner to celebrate Lopes who have made the most of their time on campus.
Hall of Fame
The Alumni Hall of Fame celebrates and honors the accomplishments of our most distinguished graduates. These individuals exemplify the spirit of GCU and have made significant contributions to the university and as humanitarians to our society. They did more than just have a job or career. They distinguished themselves in their field and showed a great dedication to others.
In the past, inductees have had the following qualifications:
- Have graduated from GCU a minimum of five years prior to nomination
- Have distinguished themselves in their chosen professional field of endeavor
- Have contributed to the college in outstanding ways or made significant humanitarian contributions to the community or beyond
Outstanding Senior Awards
The Outstanding Senior Award recognizes students who have exemplified academic excellence, service, faith and the GCU spirit during their undergraduate years on campus. This award is presented to a select group of graduating seniors who were selected by leadership in the areas of academics, athletics and student affairs.
- Student must have attended GCU for a minimum of two years
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student must be a traditional campus graduate during the 2017-18 academic year
- Academic excellence
- Contributions and service to the university campus and surrounding community (work, athletics, organizations, clubs, volunteer work)
- Exemplifies GCU spirit and Christian ideals taught by the university
Outstanding Faculty Awards
Outstanding Faculty Awards are given to exemplary faculty during the annual Senior Dinner. These faculty members are nominated by the graduating senior class for their influence, enthusiasm and love for GCU. They have positively impacted students and continue to make a difference in the lives of the GCU community.